Firstly we would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to apply for the position of “Real Estate Agent” and your patience whilst waiting for feedback. The response has been immense with over 150 applications thus far and still more pouring in. As much as we would like to take the vast majority on board, we do have a limit at the moment unfortunately.
To assist with our process in shortlisting, as so many applicants we have seen are on very similar levels, we have decided to set a few tasks which will assist us in our shortlisting process.
Please kindly note that only applicants who have the following items should proceed with theses tasks as these are prerequisite tools for the job:
1. Your own motor vehicle.
2. Your own laptop.
3. Your own smart phone with camera.
If you do not have the above items, (in full working condition), very sadly, we cannot take you on at this point in time and wish you all the best on your journey. Please also feel free to get in touch if/when you do get the necessary tools for the job or if you see another, more suitable job arise with us and resubmit your CV as we are a young and growing company so more jobs will be popping up over time.
For those of you who have the 3 prerequisite tools, should you wish to continue with the application process, please see and complete the below tasks. Please do not wait for a response from us between tasks, continue immediately onto the next task:
Task 1: Tell Us about Genesis Real Estate Africa
- Send an email, in bullet point format, to the below email address telling us about what you know about our agency.
Task one (1) should be complete and submitted by email to CV@GenesisBlockAfrica.com by or before 1700hrs on Monday the 14th of December 2020.
Task 2: Rental Property
- Find a landlord who has a property they are seeking to rent out by or before January 1st 2020.
- The property must be in either Harare North or Harare East.
- The property must have an agreeable, fair, comparable, market value of USD 1 000.00, (one thousand United States Dollars), or more.
- Get permission to submit the property to us for listing from the landlord.
- Send pictures and a description of the property with the landlords contact information.
- Should the submitted property be accepted and result in a signed mandate you will have succeeded at the second task.
Task two (2) should be complete and submitted by email to CV@GenesisBlockAfrica.com by or before 1700hrs on Friday the 18th of December 2020.
Task 3: Sale Property
- Find an owner who currently has a property they are seeking to sell.
- The property must be in Harare.
- The property must have an agreeable, fair, comparable, market value of USD 150 000.00, (one hundred and fifty thousand United States Dollars), or more.
- Get permission to submit the property to us for listing.
- Send pictures and a description of the property with the owners contact information.
- Should the submitted property be accepted and result in a signed mandate you will have succeeded at the third task.
Task three (3) should be complete and submitted by email to CV@GenesisBlockAfrica.com by 1700hrs on Thursday the 31st of December 2020.
- Individuals who succeed at all 3 tasks will be short listed.
- Emails should be received in our designated mail box by the above mentioned times.
- Completion of the above tasks will only result in shortlisting of the candidates so as to progress to in person interview stage.
Note: Should any of the submitted properties be accepted to be listed with us, resulting in the successful tenanting, or sale of the submitted property and the individual does not progress to the next stage, a finders fee will be paid.